Iittala: 125 Years of Finnish Glass Complete History with All Designers
This item is no longer available.
Journey through the history of one of Finland’s most remarkable companies: iittala. This comprehensive book takes you from the beginning of iittala’s glassworks to the innovative designs of its most famous artists and all the way through to the iittala we know today. A must-have for collectors of iittala glass and Finnish design devotees, this book is full of stunning color and black/white photos and illustrations -- over 600 of them! The much distinguished iittala artists are all included: Alvar Aalto, Timo Sarpaneva, Tapio Wirkkala, Kaj Franck, Konstantin Grcic, Oiva Toikka, and many more. This book is completed by an extensive 50+ page catalog of designs by artist and a glossary of glass making terms.
- Foreword; by Marianne Aav
- Iittala Glassworks; by Markku Tasala
- Iittala: A View From London; by Jennifer Hawkins Opie
- The Vase Teases, Pleases and Lasts the Course; by Kimmo Sarje
- A Union of Art and Industry From iittala to Milan and Beyond; Marianne Aav
- 125 Years of Clear iittala Crystal; by Kaisa Koivisto
- Iittala oy ab – a Line Woven From Many Threads; by Päivi Jantunen
- Illustrated Catalog
- Characterization of the Designers; by Johanna Luhtala
- Documentation; by Salla Heino, Susanna Vakkari, Merja Vilhunen
- Glossary; by Susanna Vakkari